We have provided these FAQs and associated documents to help you reduce your own risk of acquiring bed bugs, and to more effectively identify and safely manage a suspected bed bug infestation. This information has been assembled to assist homeowners, property managers and tenants with information relevant to the identification and management of bed bugs. Brand names have not been mentioned, nor do we endorse any particular commercial product. This website is intended for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by a medical professional. Always consult a physician if you have personal health concerns.
If you have questions that you do not see addressed here, please feel free to contact us. We will strive to answer any specific question you may have concerning bed bugs and will expand and add to this list of FAQs as necessary over time.
- What are bed bugs?
- Do bed bugs cause harm or spread pathogens?
- Where do bed bugs occur?
- How do bed bugs invade a premises?
- How can you tell if a residence or building is infested?
- What can I do to manage a bed bug problem?
- What are my rights and obligations?
- What not to do if you find bed bugs or suspect they are present
- How can you have suspected bed bug specimens examined?
- What you should know about insecticides & other methods for treating bed bugs
- What might you do when returning from a visit to a bed bug infested residence?
- What should be done in schools about bed bugs?