We are making these documents available because there is a need for factual information relevant to the biology, diagnosis and management of ticks and tick bites. Brand names have not been mentioned, nor do we endorse any particular commercial product. This web site is intended for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by a medical professional. Always consult a physician if you have personal health concerns.
If you have questions that you do not see addressed here, please feel free to contact us. We will strive to answer any specific question you may have concerning ticks and will expand and add to this list of downloadable documents as necessary over time.
- Tick Management Handbook - Published by the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station Fall 2007 by Kirby C. Stafford III, Ph.D., Vice Director, Chief Entomologist
- Tick Borne Diseases of the United States - a reference manual for Health Care Providers, First Edition 2013 - a CDC publication
- CDC Lyme Disease Topics - various FAQs and info on Lyme disease and tick borne illnesses
- Lyme Disease Fact Sheet - NH Dept of Health and Human Services
- CDC - Tickborne Diseases of the U.S. - summary of various diseases associated with ticks in the United States
- Life cycle of the Parasite Babesia - a diagram
- Spotlight on Ehrlichia ewingii - a white paper sponsored by IDEXX Laboratories
- Ticks of California and the western states - a quick reference sheet
- Biology and Management of Ticks in New Hampshire - Fact sheet by Alan Eaton, UNH Cooperative Extension Specialist, Entomology
- Ticks of Wisconsin - Department of Entomology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Winter Tick (Dermacentor albipictus) - University of New Hampshire, Cooperative Extension Service